Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pink

Pink-For the Divine Role of Women


"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies."

~Proverb 31:10


Women, this is to you!

We inherently doubt ourselves. Please watch this video and know that you are loved! Heavenly Father loves all of His children, including and especially His daughters.
We are daughters of God!
Our value is beyond measure, please do not doubt that!

Throughout my whole life I have always hated and doubted myself. I had few friends, was bullied a lot, and went through my fair share of awkward looking teenage years. 
But through it all I've learned that my Father in Heaven loves me and that I truly am His daughter. Of course I still struggle. I still fight insecurity and doubt, but at the end of the day what really matters is---
 I am a child of God. 
Please don't forget that you are too!
He Loves us with an infinite love.


This is a picture I drew to depict how I've often felt in my life. I've felt like I have to hide behind a mask. But God loves us just the way we are and understands us perfectly. We don't ever have to hide from Him. 
He embraces us wherever we are and however we come.
We just have to let Him.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As a second point of conversation-There has been a lot of controversy over the last year about women and the Priesthood. I thought I should at least address this issue since that's the direction I think my title leads. But! What I really wanted to address was in the beginning of this post.



As a woman in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I in No way, shape, or form feel oppressed. In fact, quite the opposite! I feel liberated! The doctrine, principles, and fundamentally the gospel as a whole apply to me in the very same way that they apply to anyone. Male or Female.
Gender roles and equality get confused. Just because we are different and we do different things does not mean that one is less than the other. I know that Heavenly Father designed me divinely to be a woman. And with that design come specific qualities and talents that help me to be able to complete my mission here on this earth. 



I may not hold the Priesthood, but I have access to it in every way.
The Priesthood is God's power on the Earth.
We can each call upon the Priesthood to bless our lives.



I, SaraLynn, am a woman and I am proud to be a member of Christ's church upon the earth today.
I know that He loves and cherishes His sisters just as much as His brothers.

He loves all of us. That's what makes Him our Redeemer.



No comments:

Post a Comment